Ordering a design
- How much time in advance should I place my order?
We try to provide a quick response to every customer, sometimes we are very busy so it's worthwhile to order several weeks in advance.
- Should I place an order with you before or after painting the house?
We come after your home is painted as painting afterward may affect the design.
- How long does it take to perform the work?
The work time varies from three to nine hours, usually we finish the design within one work day.
- Do you reach all parts of the country?
We try to reach every area in Israel, and charge travel fees.
- Can you give us a consultation on location or type of design in advance?
Yes, we are happy to give a consultation prior to the design work. However, arriving at the client's home means a special trip for which we charge travel fees. You can also send us pictures of the house and we will be happy to help.
- How would I know the color of my plaster?
Below the paint lies the layer of plaster, in order to know the color of our plaster (which is the background color of the square), the wall has to be scraped to a depth of 4 mm in a hidden place in the house and thus reveal its color, or look for places that are not whitewashed. Alternatively you can wait until we begin the design and we will check for you.
- Is it possible to choose the color of the plaster?
You cannot change the color of the plaster that already exists. The plaster is below the paint and is the material we work with. You can paint the wall before the design.
- When will we add color to the design?
Sometimes we like to add color when the plaster is light colored or has an identical color to the wall in order to create a contrast and highlight the design.
- If I ask the contractor to leave a square of plaster unpainted, will I get a discount of the work?
We do not advise this. Our work is done with manual tools which leave accurate finishes of the square. When the contractor leaves an unpainted square of plaster or scrapes the color himself, the backround of the plaster might be different from our work. In addition, it won't decrease the price of the design significantly .
- Can you use any font in the design?
We are able to etch most font types except for narrow fonts. To maintain the design over time the design font should have a width of at least four mm.
- Can you engrave a personal painting that I drew?
In most cases yes. However since not every element of paintings are of a size that can be etched there is a chance that we will have to make some changes (after a consultation of course).
- What is the size of the square and is it adjustable?
The size of the square we design is 48 by 48 cm. Of course, we can adjust the size and reduce or enlarge it, you can also create a rectangle along the length or width.
- Is it possible to add a design outside the square so that the interior of the memorial is blank?
Yes, there are some Halachic opinions that believe that the memorial should be completely blank and without designs. For those who hold according to these sources, we can increase the square and design the elements outside the memorial leaving the inside blank.
- Can I leave the design frame not symmetrical?
Of course, it can be made in an authentic way and not straight. In addition, we offer various frames to chose from.
- How can I keep preserve the design and keep it in good condition after it is completed?
In order to protect the condition of the design we recommend that you place the work in a remote area out of the reach of children. We can also provide a glass case to cover the design.
- Should the work be maintained later?
No need, the design should not require maintenance for a long time as long as it is not touched.
- Do you work with drywalls?
The work on drywalls is complex and difficult than usual because they are thin and fragile. It is also necessary to paint before work to create contrast with the color of the white drywall. As a result, the design on drywall involves an additional charge.
- Does the process of chiseling the design make a large mess?
During the work plaster or paint may accumulate on the floor however in most cases we leave behind a clean environment.
- Can embossed letters be purchased through you?
Yes, the embossed letters are a product of the artist Dorit Yodayika. The letters come in silver or gold colors of various sizes and can be purchased through us.
- How much will a design cost me?
Prices are fixed in advance and vary according to the type of design as well as its size. The price quote will be given to the customer and will be determined according to his order and place of residence.